An LDS perspective on moving from childless to childfree living.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Concert

Every Christmas season, DH and I go to a Christmas concert.  We have seen the ones that come to Salt Lake regularly several times, so when we saw the Oak Ridge Boys Christmas Concert advertised, we decided that would be a good change.  I was a fan of the Oak Ridge Boys when I was a teenager, and I had a couple of their cassette tapes.  We don't have any of their Christmas albums, but thoroughly enjoyed the show.

They sang some of their hits, and I was particularly touched by "Thank God for Kids".  While I realize the song is about the joys of your own kids, I know I have many of those experiences as a teacher, because "the nearest thing to heaven is a child".  I was impressed with their openness about their Christianity and singing original Christmas songs about the reason for Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ.

As a musician, I loved seeing and hearing Richard Sterban speak and sing with such a true bass tone.  It was amazing!

What an relaxing and joyful evening to spend with DH!

No comments:

Post a Comment